The dwelling is arranged as an inter- connected cluster of simple forms orientated to allow daylight to flood the main living spaces as well as to capture views of the existing trees of high visual amenity.
Our thoughts for this dwelling evolved around the following concepts:
1 – Create a vernacular cluster arrangement of interlocking living
and sleeping zones;
3 – The forms of house are arranged to create multiple courtyards;
4 – Maximise solar gain through large glazing elements;
The geometry of the plan takes inspiration from a vernacular farmstead cluster whereby the structures create various courtyards and patio areas. The primary courtyards are orientated to the south and west in recognition of client lifestyle and expected usage.
Schedule of Accommodation
- Open Plan Kitchen and Dining
- Broken Plan Living Room
- Attached Garage with Bootroom
- Plant Area
- Large Utility
- Generous Master Bed with Spacious Walk-in Wardrobe and Ensuite
- Two additional Bedrooms each with their own Changing Areas
- Mezzanine over the kitchen to serve as a snug/playroom or office